Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Welcome to Our Crib

After 18 years of sharing a room together + 1 year of sharing a room with someone else, our freshman year, this is the FIRST time having our very own room. We finished decorating our bedrooms and LOVE it so we thought we would share some inspiration! We bought  a lot of our decorations from Ross, TJ Maxx,Target, and Ikea. 

First stop, Kayley's room...

I put pictures all along the top of my wall all around the room, it's a super cheap and easy way to decorate!

The "banner" above my bed is self adhesive wall stickers from Target. Also, I'm using the same bedding from freshman year - I love the color!


Voila! My closet. Starting from the left, there is a collage of postcards on the wall above the closet. Just a little side note about us...we both collect postcards. We love buying them wherever we go and later looking at them and all the places we have visited. Feel free to send us one! haha


Yes, why of course I put all the hot BYU basketball players on my corkboard.

My desk :)

Guess what, I bought that vase and pink flowers in the corner from DI - SCORE. In addition, do you see that wooden cat?? Yep its butt is in the air ahaha. Of course, I had to buy it.

Instead of putting my dresser under my bed I put it across from my bed to utilize it as a side table! Kort made the dream catcher that is on the wall...heart her. I bought little glass dishes from thrift stores and put my jewelry in it to store on top. You can't see it very well but there is also a clear glass skull on the right that is pretty rad. 


The best is always saved for last right? hehe Next stop, Kelsey's room! 

Cutie Kort made me a dream catcher too so I decided to put it on the front of my door. 

It's small, but very cozy :) 

I'm using the same bedding I used freshman year. My cute g-ma made the denim blanket for me that's at the end of my bed. <3 her. 

I go to Kort for all my art decor needs so of course she painted all of those individual paintings for me! I then did a little DIY project and connected all the paintings to clothespins on a piece of string and hung it up. It's a very cheap and cute way to hang artwork or pictures! 

Spot the squirrel. He's the cutie on the top right. 

Like Kayley I also put my dresser against the wall and use it as a side table. I am the designated printing room so that's cool. 

I bought cork boards that came in a set of 4 so I arranged them in a square on my wall. I put tickets, papers, and different items collected from memorable moments up. 

Who would say no to a sparkly Indian inspired ottoman? I sure didn't. 

My desk chair is SO uncomfortable! I bought a navy seat cushion at Ikea to make it a little more bearable to sit on. 

Classic college Christmas lights of course. Why not? 

I guess ex-boyfriends are good for something, a cute puppy dog. heheha 

Last stop in my room, the closet!

We hope you enjoyed our rooms! Stay tuned for additional tours around our apartment. :) 

K & K ♥

4 comments:

  1. Where's the panda . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. panda is in kitchen...don't worry he's safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. all moved in- how exciting!! the place looks great, i especially love the christmas lights. classic! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! Yes, we had to add the Christmas lights haha.

    ReplyDelete

DISNEY CRUISE + DISNEY WORLD 2017

DISNEY CRUISE + DISNEY WORLD 2017 Day One: Travel & Magic Kingdom Started the flight with some Jamba! They made me sit...